Top 10 Programming Languages for Cryptography In 2023
Watch out for these top 10 programming languages for cryptography in 2023 to protect your data
It is important to learn programming languages for Cryptography to secure the encrypted data. As we all know, cryptography is a technique for protecting data and communications by using codes, ensuring that only the intended audience can decipher and process the data. Programming languages are therefore crucial for limiting unwanted access to information.
“Crypt” means “hidden,” and “graphy” means “writing,” respectively. The methods used in cryptography to protect data are derived from mathematical ideas and a set of rule-based calculations known as algorithms to transform messages in ways that make them difficult to decode. These algorithms are used in the creation of cryptographic keys, digital signatures, data privacy protection, online browsing on the internet, and the security of private transactions like debit and credit card purchases.
You must learn at least one programming language, and preferably more, if you are interested in cryptography. Here are the top 10 best programming languages for cryptography.
- Java: The Java Cryptography Extension offers a cryptography API for Java (JCE). Applications can communicate with one another using a software interface called an API (application programming interface). JCE gives you the ability to encrypt and decrypt data, validate data given by others, annotate code, and carry out administrative tasks related to cryptographic primitives.
- python: Another well-liked language for cryptography is Python. Its “cryptography” library, one of its libraries, has secure primitives. The most basic and minimal data type is primitive. The Fernet implementation, which supports “secret key” cryptography, is a well-liked secure primitive. The same key is used for both encryption and decryption in this method of encryption.
- C++: Crypto++, a C++ library of cryptographic algorithms, is one factor in its popularity for cryptography. The library was first made available in 1995 and works with many different operating systems, including Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, and iOS.
- C#: On the .NET framework, a virtual execution system, C# programs are executed. This program offers a collection of cryptographic objects for typical applications, such as encrypting data and creating digital signatures.
- GO: This open-source language was created with simplicity and ease of learning in mind. It is also made to function well in a large setting. Since several packages have been created for Go that allows cryptographic operations, it is a popular candidate for cryptography.
- Haskel: The expressiveness and security properties of the functional programming language Haskell are well-known. It is a wonderful option for creating applications that need to manage sensitive data because it contains a variety of libraries and frameworks that support cryptographic features.
- Ruby: The Ruby on Rails framework is largely responsible for the growth and popularity of Ruby. Ruby is open source, just like Python and Go. A well-liked Ruby library for cryptography is OpenSSL.
- PHP: PHP includes several helpful methods that make hashing simpler as well as the ability to encrypt data. Secret key encryption is additionally made simple by Sodium, a user-friendly PHP package.
- rust: Rust incorporates current language features despite being designed to be low-level. Rust is used for cryptocurrency projects because it makes it possible to write cryptographic functions in a quick and secure language.
- Erlang: Erlang is a computer language renowned for its fault tolerance and concurrency. It is a wonderful option for creating applications that need to manage sensitive data because it contains a variety of libraries and frameworks that support cryptographic features.